‘Tis the season for every kind of pumpkin flavoured treat to make an appearance. Great news for everyone but is there really a recipe worth sharing that hasn’t been done before??
I’ve thought long and hard as I love bringing you things new and fresh. Here is the result. Moist and flavourful pumpkin muffins with Cornish toffee and sprinkled with honeycomb pieces. I’ve never baked anything with honeycomb before but when I saw it at a shop I was immediately inspired. Growing up, the only way I ever ate pumpkin was pumpkin roasted with honey. Naturally, combining pumpkin and honey in a muffin just screamed childhood to me! Then I added caramel flavoured toffee…just for fun. Can you see all the toffee bits in there?
I didn’t know what to expect but what I got was a crackled muffin top because honeycomb melted and seeped into the muffins and toffee studded bottom!
They are so so so tasty I can’t stop eating them! I said “I” but what is meant is that my kids can’t stop eating them. 😉
Ingredients: ( Makes 3 dozen/36 muffins)
- 4 1/2 c. flour
- Baking Powder-3 tsp.
- Baking Soda-2 tsp.
- Salt- 1 1/2 tsp.
- Cinnamon-3 tsp.
- Pumpkin Spice (nutmeg, cloves, ginger)- 1 tsp.
- Oil-2 cups
- Demerara Sugar- 2 1/2 cups
- Eggs- 6 large
- Pumpkin puree- 28 oz (1 large can or use your own like I did)
- Cornish Toffee- 1/2 cup/100 gr
- Honeycomb pieces-1/2 cup/100gr
1. Preheat oven to 325F/150C. Line your muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl (remember it’s a very big recipe) combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Use a stand mixer if you have one or a hand mixer.
3. Add oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree and toffee and mix well. Fill your muffin cups 2/3 full and sprinkle with honeycomb pieces. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Repeat. Twice.